I'll admit it...I am easily pleased. I am not exactly sure how it is that I got to be so satisfied with the small victories in life; I'd like to say it was due to my inherent faith in life and humankind, but it also could be that I've learned the lazy man's mantra that allows him to be satisfied with changing from pajama pants to jeans and calling it a day: set the bar low...so you can step over it. However, whether it's finding an extra quarter in my pocket or reaching a never-before-attained level in Bubble Spinner, I am continually gloating at my supposed victorys over life.
One of the many things that has been pleasing me lately is Pandora Radio. Why, I have to ask, was this not invented earlier? The hallmark of the 90s was the boombox ala Fresh Prince of BelAir; not only could it be a culprit of scoliosis, but carrying said boom box also forced poor patrons of cool to walk sideways through doors. However, Pandora radio is a new, free way to carry around all of your tunes sans boombox. Pandora is transferrable from computer to computer and I can listen to it regardless of job. Pandora allows me to add new stations at any point, helping me to maintain my hipter status by exposing me to all sorts of new music. Finally, Pandora isn't limited to computers; my phone has an app which allows me to carry a much smaller boombox of tunes and walk to whatever beat happens to be pumping through my phone.
Picture this: you've been at work for a long day, and quite frankly, you're tired. It is 9:05am, and you've been at work for approximately one hour and five minutes, and you are already done for the day. ugg. Sighing at the mundane nature of your life, you take a break from the mindless spreadsheet work you happen to be doing to log onto the internet. All of the sudden, your ear catches a drift of something new, something unexpected, yet it is JUST what the doctor precribed to get you moving. Whether it be Ke$ha, Three Day's Grace, or Lady Antebellum, you start to feel your foot involuntarily tap as the rhythm to your soul now has a melody. Ahh Pandora...you've done it again.
So go ahead...open up Pandora's box this time. There's nothing but pleasure waiting for you, in the form mind-reading music bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment