It's Wednesday night. And I feel all-right. And I'm going round, just dancing...
Boy oh boy, is it a beautiful day. On days like today, when things just go wrong, or just fall short of what I want them to be, all I say to myself is, "hey, it's okay". So, tonight, in honor of this beautiful day, I want to cut my readers a little slack.
Hey, it's okay if you prefer wearing no shoes to any shoes, especially high heeled ones. Your feet will thank you.
Hey, it's okay if you would rather curl up with a good book and a cup of tea at night instead of going out on the town. You save money, you up your "culture quotient", and you drink something that won't give you a headache in the morning.
Hey, it's okay if you have a smartphone, and all you do on it is collect gaming applications. Extra points if you write your calendar out by hand instead of updating it in your phone. When the phone crashes, all you'll be out of is a time-wasting activity...
Hey, it's okay if you sleep with the light on because of a particular vivid vision of a man wielding a machete around your house.
Hey, it's okay if you like animal company better than people company. Animals aren't as sassy.
Hey, it's okay if you don't really follow any trends - fashion, sports, careers - any of it. As a very wise man once said, " you gotta be you".
That's all for today. So remember: be gentle with yourself. You don't know all of the answers, and that's okay. You gotta just keep playing the game. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment